This script generates an extended m3u
playlist which can be loaded by
media players like Audacious
™ and many others.
The playlist is printed to STDOUT, so it could be read directly by other programs.
Extended .m3u files contain additional information about the song, the duration and
the information to be shown by the media player. The informations are extracted
from the media tags of the file.
* read filenames from specified directories or from STDIN
* output the playlist to STDOUT
* supported media tags: ID3 (MP3), Vorbis (FLAC, OGG) (optional Perl packages required)
* playlist can be generated in a random order
* line end (CR, CRLF) and file separator character ('/', '\') can be defined
* Open Source, available at https://github.com/splitbrain/extm3u.git
source repository forked to contribute: https://github.com/SubOptimal/extm3u.git